Owning A Franchise. At Jim’s Mowing, we put Franchisees first. We believe the relationship between the franchisee and franchisor is a partnership. The Regional Franchisor provides you with support through regular contact and advice on how to effectively manage your business. This will be done through regular phone calls, fast responses to your calls, regular meetings and business reviews.
Jim’s National poll Franchisees each year to check that proper services are being provided, and Franchisees with problems are invited to go direct to founder, Jim Penman. He regularly gives out his personal phone numbers and Email address, and speaks to Franchisees on a weekly basis. Jim’s is the only Franchise system in the world that allows Franchisees to change to another Franchisor or even vote them out, if not happy with the services.
Support also comes from fellow Franchisees, who are generous with help and advice. Our people are also encouraged to attend meetings and network with Franchisees of other Divisions. Some Franchisees gain more than half of their work in this way.
Owning a Franchise is Future building-one unique feature of Jim’s is that a Franchise can grow to any size. There are no restrictions on the number of workers to be employed or vehicles on the road, and Mowing Franchisees have turned over up to a million dollars a year. Nor does this mean any increase in fees, apart from a small charge (around $7) for every lead provided. With Jim’s Mowing Auckland, we encourage future building, especially in the economic time, where quality and service is paramount importance.
Owning A Franchise is Quality Assessment. At Jim’s we select the very best candidates for a franchise business – a comfortable fit for those who set high standards for themselves and others. The Jim’s Mowing system asks a commitment to quality and reliability from our franchisees to ensure the highest quality of service to our clients. Anyone who fails in this will not be accepted as a Franchise Owner, and any Franchise Owner who falls below our standards will be invited to sell their Franchise. We are always on the lookout for highly motivated people. Franchises are granted following an assessment, and those that are capable of running a Jim’s Mowing franchise business will be invited. A Regional Franchise Owner, along with our trainers, will make this assessment and they have a strong interest in maintaining the quality of the service and the value of the business name.
The Process of Owning A Franchise:
- Make an enquiry either by calling 0800 4 546 546 or filling out the online enquiry form and the Auckland Regional Franchisor will contact you to discuss your enquiry.
- A detailed Information pack will be sent for your information.
- If the Regional Franchisor, following initial discussions, believes you are suited to a Jim’s Mowing franchise you will be invited to an interview and information session.
- Following a successful Interview session, arrangements will be made for you to spend 1 day in the field with a trainer. This is an opportunity for both parties to assess each other, and whether the business “fits”.
- If successful, training is then arranged: a. At least four days in the field with approved trainers, and 1 day in the office. b. 3 days Induction Training with an accredited regional franchisor which includes understanding the franchise system, business training, etc. c. At the completion of this training, you are able to sign a Franchise Agreement (a minimum 14 days after collecting the agreement)
- You will also be given a full disclosure document of the Franchisor’s business. Show us any other lawn mowing franchise that does that!
- Commence operating business. If purchasing an established franchise you will then spend seven days with the current franchisee, which includes an introduction to existing customers.
So Why Jim’s Mowing Auckland as Opposed to others, when it comes to Owning A Franchise.
- Prospective Franchisees are approved by our existing franchisees
- All prospective franchisees are provided with a disclosure document, giving the full history of Jim’s Auckland and the Franchisors – now show us any other franchise that does the same!
- A name you can trust
- Professional and fully trained operators
- Local franchises providing excellent customer service
- Uniformed franchisee’s
- Fully insured operators
- Commitment to quality and reliability
- All work fully guaranteed
- Free Quotes
- Friendly staff to answer your call – 0800 4 546 546
- All our franchisees are now police checked!
- Great support from your Regional Franchisor
Becoming a Franchisor: Franchisors are the driving force of the Jim’s Mowing system. They are responsible for recruiting, training and supporting Franchisees, which includes finding them work and providing practical and moral support. They are ‘hands on’ – having operated a franchise themselves while building and supporting their team.
Franchisors set an example of hard work and customer service. They can help others to run a successful business because they’ve done it themselves. It is a demanding role that combines practical ability with a high level of personal and business management skills. Franchisors must provide strong leadership, helping Franchisees to understand where they may be going wrong. But treating them at all times with the utmost respect and consideration.
Our surveys show that Franchisors of fast growing Regions are frequently in contact with their Franchisees, responding fast to calls and phoning each Franchisee at least once a month. They are also expected to hold regular meetings and conduct business reviews. Franchisors will be expected to have a first-rate employment or business history, a commitment to customer service, and an obvious passion for helping other people to succeed. There is a tough and quite lengthy selection process, involving interviews and attendance at our three-day Franchisor induction course before any final decision is made.